Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pick of the Month - August

After looking over the list of the books I read in August - my top pick(s) are a tie between two books.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) by Pittacus Lore



I've looked forward to "Mockingjay" right after I closed the cover to "Catching Fire". Mockingjay lived up to all my expectations and surpassed a few.
Goodreads summary:
Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

"I Am Number Four" was a delightful surprise. I don't remember where I first heard of it but I truly enjoyed it. My review is here.
Goodreads summery:
Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment